WomenInTech: Joanna Track
Years in Technology: 13
Current Title: Founder & Executive Publisher
Current Organization: Bullet Daily Media Group Inc.
1. Why did you join the technology industry?
For me, technology was (and still is) the distribution channel for delivering content to consumers.
2. Who is the person who has inspired you professionally?
Isadore Sharp, founder of Four Seasons Hotels. He’s my business hero!
3. If you could give one piece of advice to your 13-year-old self what would it be?
Be proud of your STEM skills! I excelled (significantly) in mathematics and science, but it didn’t seem cool, so I played it down.
4. How do you think we can encourage more women in tech?
By educating them that being in tech does not mean you are a developer. There are a lot of roles to play within the tech industry that aren’t necessarily in the nitty gritty tech department.
5. What is the best part of your job?
Building a brand, and hearing readers/consumers refer to the brand (with praise :).